Introduction to Climbing – Intensive 1 day course
June 8 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The main focus of this intensive 1 day course is maximum climbing time. During the day you will have the opportunity to learn proper safety practices, fundamental movement skills, ropework, climbing styles, etiquette and much more – all of which form a necessary foundation to becoming a safe skilled and competent climber.
This course is suitable for complete beginners, indoor climbers/boulderers and those who have climbed once or twice before.
The course will cover –
- Tying into a harness, fitting a helmet etc
- Basic climbing equipment and how to use them correctly
- Climbing communication/calls
- Belaying a climber, knots and ropework
- How to abseil
- Footwear and footwork
- Fundamental climbing techniques – smear, rock over etc
- Access to crags, the environment, places we climb, guidebooks and grades
All equipment is provided.
Bring a packed lunch and wear appropriate outdoor/sports clothes.
For booking, visit: https://bit.ly/2Kfi2x3