Sligo Coastal & Mountain Discovery Camp with Seatrails
June 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am - June 26, 2019 @ 12:30 pm| €50
Seatrails Summer Camp is designed to allow your children to engage with and explore the natural landscape and learn about their surroundings. It will be spread over two days in the beautiful and popular Strandhill area of Co. Sligo. The camp is fun, adventurous and lead by Marine Archaeologist, Auriel Robinson.
Day 1: Location: Strandhill Promenade (F91 C5VW/54.270587-8.609003) – Coastal Camp
On day one, your child will have the opportunity to learn about coastal heritage. They will visit an historic site by the shore, inspect seaweeds, fossils, wild flora, insects and biodiversity and they will assist in a beach clean while working with their team mates.
Day 2: Location: Knocknarea Mt East Carpark (54.254145, -8.558.109)- Mountain Camp. On day two, they will do a scenic mountain walk learning about the landscape, nature, archaeology and mythology.
- Location: Strandhill Promenade Day 1 and Knocknarea Mountain Day 2
- 2 Day Camp, 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Dates: 25th & 26th June, 4th and 5th July, 18th & 19th July, 30th & 31st July, 13th & 14th August, 21st & 22nd August, 27th & 28th August
- Camps for ages 8 to 12 years and 10 to 16 years
- Website: seatrails.ie and inquire by emailing email@example.com
- Book by 10th June 2019
- Price: €50 per child for 2-day camp