Looking for something different to entertain the kids this summer? How about an Adventure Sligo Summer Camp where they can develop their spirit of adventure in a safe and supervised setting. Camps last from 2 to 5 days and are available for ages 8-16. It’s the perfect way to discover the great outdoors that’s on our doorstep. Ideal for visitors and for Sligo natives. Choose from the adrenaline rush of surfing, SUPing and rock climbing or a guided exploration of our coastal and mountain treasures. Check out just some of the options below.
SUP Adventure Camp
Fun and games on the water with Stand Up Paddle Boarding on the River Moy and Enniscrone with Harbour SUP n’ Sail. Join in the adventure touring and exploring the fascinating waterways and coastline in and around the Wild Atlantic Way. Learn to race and surf with elite instructors or team up for some monster SUPing fun. The aim is to build water skills and confidence in all participants in the camp and send them home each day tired and happy with grins from ear to ear.
- Location: Enniscrone Pier
- Dates: Weekly throughout July and August from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Ages 10-16
- Website: www.harboursupsail.com
- Price: €125 per child for 5 days camp
- Phone: 086-0315737
Ocean Warrior Surf Camp
Learn to tame the wild Atlantic Ocean waves and enjoy surfing on Strandhill Beach with Sligo Surf Experience. We are lucky to have so many fabulous coastlines available to us for surfing, so make the most of them and learn the ropes with top class trainers. One session and you’ll be hooked!
- Location: Strandhill Beach, Sligo
- Dates: Weekly throughout July and August 3 hours per day
- Ages 8-16
- Website: sligosurfexperience.com
- Price: €115 per child for 5 days camp.
- One week of camp in August will be suitable for young people with Autism
- Phone: 087-7471915
Nuts About Climbing
Ever wanted to go rock climbing? Now you can this summer with the Carraig Climbing Summer Camp taking place from 8th-12th July. Whether you’re a total beginner, or an indoor climber, you’ll gain vast experience and develop your climbing skills rapidly during these action-packed days.
- Location: Sligo
- Dates: July 8th – 12th
- Ages 8 – 16
- Website: www.carraigclimbing.com
- Price: €100 per child for 5-day camp
- Phone: 087-6647285
Sligo Coastal & Mountain Discovery Camp
Seatrails Summer Camp is designed to allow your children to engage with and explore the natural landscape and learn about their surroundings. It will be spread over two days in the beautiful and popular Strandhill area of Co. Sligo. The camp is fun, adventurous and lead by Marine Archaeologist, Auriel Robinson.
Day 1: Location: Strandhill Promenade – Coastal Camp
On day one, your child will have the opportunity to learn about coastal heritage. They will visit an historic site by the shore, inspect seaweeds, fossils, wild flora, insects and biodiversity and they will assist in a beach clean while working with their teammates.
Day 2: On day two, they will do a scenic mountain walk learning about the landscape, nature, archaeology and mythology.
- Location: Strandhill Promenade Day 1 and Knocknarea Mountain Day 2
- 2 Day Camp, 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Dates: 25th & 26th June, 4th and 5th July, 18th & 19th July, 30th & 31st July, 13th & 14th August, 21st & 22nd August, 27th & 28th August
- Camps for ages 8 to 12 years and 10 to 16 years
- Website: www.seatrails.ie and inquire by emailing email@example.com
- Book by 10th June 2019
- Price: €50 per child for 2-day camp
- Phone: 087-2405071
August Summer Surf Camp with Strandhill Surf Experience
Strandhill Surf Experience are holding surf camps throughout August. This is an ideal opportunity to pick up a new hobby for life. All equipment is provided. Kids will get the chance to surf every day and enjoy beach games, eco walks and learn ocean safety and awareness.
- Location: Strandhill Beach
- Dates: Every Monday to Friday throughout August from 10am-1pm
- Price: €100 per child
- Book: 087-6523351 or firstname.lastname@example.org